The Arbitration Council Foundation seeks a talented and experienced Cambodian national with management and legal experience for the position of Technical Director.
1. What is the Arbitration Council?
The Arbitration Council (AC) of Cambodia is a national institution
provided for under the Labour Law and mandated to resolve labour disputes. Supported by the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training, employers and unions, the AC is internationally and nationally recognised as Cambodia’s premier labour dispute resolution body.
2. What is the Arbitration Council Foundation?
The Arbitration Council Foundation (ACF) is an independent and non-political organization that provides technical and administrative support to the Arbitration Council.
3. Areas of work of the Technical Director include:
- Management of the Arbitration Council Foundation
- Reporting on the work and functions of the ACF and the AC
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Arbitration Council Foundation performance
4. Specific duties include but not limited to working with ACF staff and assisting the ED to:
- Supervise and manage operations of the Foundation,
- Develop, write, review, and submit funding proposals to donors
- Supervise internal and external monitoring and evaluation including analysis and reporting of results
- Strengthen systems and training to support arbitrators and staff,
- Implement measures which help to maintain the integrity, impartiality and effectiveness of the Arbitration Council,
- Build and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders such as employer and employee groups, government, donors & NGOs, and
- Supervise provision of accurate and timely reporting to donors and ACF Board of Directors.
5. The qualities of the ideal candidate
- Honest and ethical individual who works to the highest standards of integrity and propriety.
- Excellent management experience and the ability to work with and through ACF management team.
- Excellent experience in development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation system for NGO projects.
- Excellent experience in proposal writing and reporting to donors is required.
- Good skills and the ability to maintain relationships with different stakeholder groups.
- Experience working with employer and employee groups, government, NGOs, and donors is desirable.
- Experience in financial management and budgeting is desirable.
6. Minimum skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in business administration, law, social science or related fields.
- At least five years of experience in a management position.
- High level of resourcefulness and the ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Good at interpersonal relations, organization and planning.
- Ability to be a team player in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- -Fluent written and spoken Khmer and English.
7. Salary package
A competitive package of salary and benefits will be provided.
8. How to apply for the position
The interested candidates are encouraged to obtained detail job descriptions and required qualifications and skills via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or downloaded from the AC website: www.arbitrationcouncil.org
A statement addressing the above selection criteria and CV with 3 referees should be sent by mail to the ACF at No. 72, Street 592, Sangkat Boeung Kak II, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh or by the above e-mail address. Please do not send copies of diplomas or certificates.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACF is an equal opportunity employer; however, women are particularly encouraged to apply. The deadline for applications is 16:00hrs, 15 September 2017.